Tastes to savour
We thrive on challenge and are dedicated to applying the art and the science of smoke to a wide range of wet and dry ingredients to create an exciting array of natural and clean declaration smoke flavour systems.
Using oak, hickory, apple, cherry and mesquite, our smoked ingredients offer endless opportunities for developing unique new products and flavour combinations. Here’s a selection of what we currently do but please contact us to discuss your specific requirements… or let us use our smoking prowess to suggest something you may not have considered possible.
Olive, sunflower, rapeseed, coconut and vegetable oils.
- Superb absorbers of smoke flavour.
- From mildly smoked retail focused products to more heavily smoked oils for use in applications such as dips, sauces, marinades and cheese, each oil delivers the perfect flavour balance.
- MCT oils also developed for the flavour industry.
Natural brining solutions for meat, poultry and fish.
- New and exciting development offering a multitude of uses.
- Ideal for ready meal developments plus sauces, soups, marinades and glazes.
- Real retail potential for brand owners.
Micro-fine, fine, granular, coarse and flake sea salt
- A range of subtle smokiness gives traditional salt an extra level of interest for an infinite range of culinary uses.
- We are the salt smoking specialist. We produce products which retail worldwide to manufacturers, brand owners and retailers; our salt is also used industrially for a ‘clean label’, natural smoke flavour.
- Our Oak Smoked British Crystal Salt flakes come in catering buckets for distribution to chefs and caterers for use in prepared dishes or as exceptional table condiments.
- We are proud of our long-standing relationship with Maldon Sea Salt. (For enquiries regarding smoked Maldon Sea Salt please ‘ask Maldon’ – for all other enquiries please click ‘get in touch’).
Granulated, Demerara and icing sugar
- An ideal format to deliver smoke into a wide range of wet and dry applications.
- Commonly used throughout the food industry, working well in sauces, glazes, snacks and seasonings.
Black pepper, cayenne, chilli, coriander, ground cumin and paprika
- Spices smoke particularly well and their oil content means they can offer a diverse range of flavour profiles to deliver rich or subtle smoked flavours.
- Our combination of the finest ingredients and variety of wood smokes creates intricate flavours.
- Becoming increasingly popular in the development of foods of Indian, Spanish and Middle Eastern origins, adding authenticity to dishes traditionally cooked on open fires.
Sage, bay, rosemary and more.
- Many herbs lend themselves well to smoking, creating a wide range of interesting flavour profiles for many applications.
- Dry herbs have an earthy, oily quality that blend beautifully with smoke, adding depth of flavour to a huge range of products.
- Ideally suited to both wet and dry applications such as stuffing mixes, seasonings and marinades.
Maltodextrin, dextrose, flours and starches.
- We can craft incredible flavours by smoking almost any kind of food ingredient; ideal for incorporating into innovative product development.
- Commonly used throughout the food industry to deliver natural smoke flavour to products in the bakery, sauce and seasoning sectors.
Smoked dehydrated fruit
Including tomato flakes, cranberries, orange peel and apple.
- Innovative fillings and mixes delivering unique and diverse flavours.
- They bring exciting flavour profiles to glazes, stuffing, bakery items and coatings.
- Developments currently underway in sweet applications.
Smoked dehydrated vegetable
Including garlic, onion, sweet peppers, chilli and chipotle.
- We smoke a wide range of ground and granulated vegetable products.
- They offer multiple uses from stuffing mixes, to soups and ready meals.
- Spice blends and rubs benefit greatly from these flavours and textures.